Last updated August 11, 2020
- What data of yours is collected on our website.
- With whom your data is shared.
- How your data is used.
- What choices you have regarding collection and use of your data.
- What kind of security procedures are in place to protect the loss, misuse, or alteration of the data we collect.
Please note the distinction between our privacy practices in connection with your visit to the Site, and our Terms of Service.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
In addition, we may collect information as required by the Federal Election Commission (“FEC”). For example, the FEC requires us to collect (and disclose) the name, mailing address, occupation, and employer of all individuals whose donations exceed $200 per calendar year.
AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED INFORMATION
When you access or use our Sites, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of the Sites, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Site.
- Device Information: We may collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Site, including the hardware model, operating system and version, device identifiers and mobile network information. We also collect information from your device that you authorize us to collect, such as your contacts for purposes of providing you functionality that allows you to share messages with your contacts. Please consult your device settings for choices you may have to limit our access to this information.
- Transactional Information: If you make a donation or purchase, we may collect information about the transaction, such as donation amount, purchase price, product details, and date and location of the transaction. When you purchase services through this Site, we collect credit card information from you. That information is used solely for processing your contribution; is not maintained by Brock Pierce for President; and is never disclosed to anyone, for any other purpose other than for processing your contribution, under any circumstances.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information automatically. This may include placing on your computer or mobile device cookies that uniquely identify your browser or device. Cookies are small data files used to store information on your device, including to help us to improve our Sites and your experience, see which areas and features of our Sites are popular and count visits. We may also collect information using other tracking technologies such as web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels” or “clear GIFs”). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Sites or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM OTHER SOURCES
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine it with information that you provide and that we collect through our Sites. For example, we may receive voter file data from publicly available sources and from private organizations. We may also receive information from a social media site if you connect to us or our Sites through that site.
USE OF INFORMATION
We may use your personal information for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Sites and send you confirmations, receipts, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Provide and deliver the information you request or various features or functionalities, process donations and transactions, and send you related information, including confirmations;
- Respond to your emails, submissions, comments, questions and requests, provide customer service, ask you to respond to a survey, request feedback, and otherwise contact you about your use of the Sites;
- Send you newsletters and otherwise provide you with information or services you request or that we think will be of interest to you, such as sending you information to keep you informed about the campaign, various issues, events, activities, and volunteer opportunities (please see “Your Choices” below for information about how to opt out of certain communications at any time);
- Help connect you with other supporters, and solicit volunteers, donations and support for Brock Pierce for President and for other candidates, issues and organizations that we support;
- Contact you if we need additional information, such as if you leave fields blank on a form or if other information is necessary under Federal election laws;
- Remind you to vote and register to vote and assist you in finding your registration information, polling location and campaign events near you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Sites;
- Personalize and improve the Sites and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests or that are based on the information you provide or the actions you take;
- Notify and contact contest or sweepstakes entrants;
- Detect, prevent, and respond to fraudulent transactions, abuse, security issues, and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Brock Pierce for President, users of our Sites, and others, including by enforcing our Terms & Conditions; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
OUR INFORMATION SHARING
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers or volunteers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- With candidates, organizations, campaigns, groups or causes that we believe have similar political viewpoints, principles or objectives or share similar goals and with organizations that facilitate communications and information sharing among such groups;
- Subject to applicable contractual or legal restrictions, in connection with the sale or exchange of your information and related data to a broker or other non-profit or for-profit entity;
- With other participants in a joint fundraising committee;
- To report required information to the Federal Election Commission, including name, mailing address, occupation, and name of employers of individuals whose contributions exceed $200 in a calendar year (for additional information, visit the FEC website at http://www.fec.gov);
- With current and future affiliates, a term that includes organizations, entities, and companies that control, are controlled by, or are under common control with, Brock Pierce for President;
- When we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests, claims or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect or defend our rights, protect the safety and security of Brock Pierce for President, users of our Sites or others, or to investigate suspected fraud, abuse, security issues, and other illegal activities;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Brock Pierce for President, its employees, volunteers, constituents or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any reorganization, formation of new committee or successor organization, asset sale or transfer, financing or lending transaction or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of the assets of Brock Pierce for President; and
- With your consent or at your direction, including if: (1) we notify you through our Sites that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information; (2) you submit content or information on a public area of the site or information that is intended to be shared on the Sites; or (3) you intentionally interact with third-parties on our Sites.
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY SITES
SOCIAL SHARING FEATURES
The Sites may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Sites with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHERS
For more information about Internet-based ads, or to opt out of receiving targeted advertising from participating companies, please visit www.aboutads.info/choices.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Removing or rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third-party flash cookies that may be used in connection with our Sites. To delete or disable flash cookies please visit www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/security for more information. If you choose to refuse or delete cookies, you will need to repeat this process if you use another computer or browser. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Site.
If you select “remember me” on your computer when logging on to the Site, Brock Pierce for President will set a persistent cookie to retrieve your username and password when you return to the site so that you do not have to enter it more than once. It also allows us to send confirmations, receipts, updates, alerts and support and administrative messages and otherwise facilitate your use of and our administration and operation of the Site. The persistent cookie also enables Brock Pierce for President to track and target the interests of users to enhance the experience on the Site. The persistent cookie is removed when you uncheck the “remember me” check box.
Some web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” signals to the websites and other online services with which the browser communicates. There is no standard that governs what, if anything, websites and online services should do when they receive these signals. We currently do not take action in response to these signals. If and when a standard for responding is established, we may revisit our policy on responding to these signals.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails or text messages by following the instructions in those emails or text messages. If you opt out, we may still send you other types of emails, such as those about your use of the Sites or any donations or transactions. Please note that opt-out requests may not take effect immediately and may take a reasonable amount of time to receive, process, and apply, during which time your information shall remain subject to your prior privacy settings. Further, please note that (unless required by applicable law) we may not be able to retrieve or rescind any information provided to third parties prior to your election to opt out.
MOBILE PUSH NOTIFICATIONS AND ALERTS
With your consent, we may send push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device. Recipients of text messages may opt-out of receiving them by replying “STOP” or “OPT OUT” to the mobile message sent by Brock Pierce for President.
No data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. As a result, although we take reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security measures to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that we collect and maintain.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California law provides California residents with the right to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Brock Pierce for President provides California residents with a cost-free method to opt out of having personal information shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like Brock Pierce for President to refrain from such sharing, please send your opt-out request to [email protected]. Please include “California Privacy Rights Request” as the email’s subject line. In your request, please include your full name, cell phone number and mailing address.
LOCATION OF USAGE OF THE SITES